Wednesday 13 February 2013

Home Work: The Nursery

Is there a better reason to completely overhaul a space than to make a special place to welcome a new baby? This is the very first room in our home I was able to re-do top to bottom and I was so excited.  There is no before picture but it really was a blank canvas.  It's square, and on the small side, approx. 8' x 9', with off white walls and a builder's style ceiling fixture.

Here is what we selected for the Nursery!  Never did I aim to have a theme for the room, in the end it came together all by itself.  I call it a "Woodlands" theme.  To me, the room feels serene and peaceful.  We knew we were having a boy but wanted to keep it gender neutral, just in case.



And here are the after pictures. 





What theme do you like for nursery decor?

1 comment: